“My source of strength / My source of hope / Is Christ alone”
Lord, thank you for your guidance through the years and showing me the light at the end of the tunnels of darknesses I have overcome. In the four years I have been at UCI, you never once let me down or made me feel alone. Even when I could not feel the presence of anyone else, you were always there watching me, guiding me, loving me. I can’t imagine what my life would be like if I didn’t have you to look to for all things that are about to come my way.
You have been my source of strength all my life, but in these past four years you have allowed me to retain the hope I began my college career with. I don’t get to thank you enough vocally for all that I am today and for all that I continue to be, but this time, I want the world to witness my commitment and dedication to being a daughter of God.
There’s two weeks left until I can call myself an Alumni of UCI, and that is because you have provided me with the strength I never knew I needed. You are the reason I am not afraid to sparkle a little brighter.
“I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
Launching a blog has been one of my biggest personal goals, as I have always been fond of writing. Through words, I am taken about into a new world and sometimes it gets mixed up with my realities. However, it is in the stories I create and in the stories I tell that makes everything I see more vivid in its color. I have always found myself in love with writings of others, and now I have gained the confidence to share beyond the inner circle I have that hears about my life.
Some simple basics about me:
* University of California - Irvine, Class of 2017
* B.A. in Educational Sciences
* B.A. in Sociology
* Post-Undergrad Life: Assistant Resident Director at UCLA beginning July 2017. In addition, I will be applying to Graduate program in either Higher Education/Educational Administration or in Student Affairs this coming Fall 2017
* Background: I was born in the Philippines and moved to the US when I was 6. I grew up in Los Angeles (Koreatown). I am an only child of a single mom. I have 4 younger cousins, and the only girl of the 5 grandchildren -- youngest girl of my mom's family line.
* Random Things: My favorite things in the world are PINK (the color -- as if my blog features didn't showcase that enough), chocolate, and Hello Kitty! I'm very into arts and crafts (like DIY, somewhat talented with drawing). Netflix (What college student doesn't like Netflix?).
* Strengths (StrengthsQuest): Discipline, Focus, Restorative, Achiever, Positivity
* True Colors: Gold and Blue -- they're tied. Also, looks like I really belong with the UCs! Haha.
* Love Language: Quality Time and Physical Touch -- also tied. I love spending time with people over anything (food, coffee, movies, etc.) as much as I love HUGS!
Expect that I will tell you stories about many things related to my career (because I just LOVE Residence Life), but I won't leave out other parts of my adventures. Be on the lookout for a weekly to biweekly recap.
View All Posts